Friday, January 15, 2010

I prepare for Marguerite

Yes, my friends, it is true: after last week's astonishing spherical foodstuffs, many of you have, I know, been on the edge of your tenterhooks waiting to find out what this week's rummage (by the French-Canadian veterinary research histopathologist) into the box of Marguerite Patten 1967 recipe cards will yield - and therefore what delicious projects will be on my 'to cook' list this weekend.

You need wait no longer, for now all is revealed:












































So many questions. Why is there a medallion on the cake plate?  Is that corned beef? Is this really what Danish people eat?   And more to the point, how do you get the juice out of a cucumber?

Pip pip!

NWM

6 comments:

Megan said...

Ooooh the possible answers...

All of them VERY rude. Very.

I'll go with the milder, 'leave it alone long enough and it'll get the juice out itself.'

Mrs.B said...

I feel sorry for the French-Canadian Veterinary Histopathologist...but I feel even sorrier for the monkey. Even the gateau looks like the scary crocheted dolly my grandma used to cover her toilet roll. God luck my simian culinary friend.

Mrs.B said...

And good luck too...

Krazy Kitty said...

Why is this heart yellow? Does it have cirrhosis? Am I mixing it up with a liver?

mondraussie said...

do you even have a heart-shaped baking tin? and do you have to make all of those scary looking sandwiches?

NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

I do have a heart-shaped baking tin but have left it at the other house (don't ask) - and no, not all of them - there are 20 recipes but 16 on the picture, which means I have to make 16. yes. Fact. Truth. Oh God.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin