Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I introduce you to a special place

Regular readers will be quite aware by now that I am very much 'on top of' new media, social media etc etc, and am able to 'Tweet' and 'Re-Tweet' etc with the best of them. So far I have a lot of followers on Twitter: not as many as bloody Jonny B or lovely Anna but still quite a lot, i.e. c. 12 at the last count (which is exactly 9 more people than visit my blog every day).

Also, I have a Facebook Group thing that someone opened up for me - it is quite good and has exactly 41 members, which would be too many people to have to dinner at the same time if you lived in quite a small house, but not enough for a barn-dance to be described as "quite an evening".

But I digress. If you have a Facebook profile (and everyone does these days, even Monkeyfather and Monkeymother, although they only have 1 friend each and that is each other, my brother and I having chosen to exclude them from sight of us chugging beer, mooning, smoking 'joints' etc in our Facebook photosnaps) and you are a right-minded person, might I suggest that you go here and sign up to the mighty "Pictures of Sting looking like a twat" group, recommended by the delicious Allanah in yesterday's post? I think you will like it!

Pip pip!

NWM

5 comments:

Lola said...

I can't believe that you have so few people who come and read your amazing words of wisdom, some of them with humour attached. It's been a long time since I did this, but I am moved to sign in under a false name and leave a congratulatory comment.

I am also a Facebook person, right in there with the technology, but I will not join any groups or have a farm or fish or pets or eggs or gifts or anything. They are stupid.

Marguerite Potluck said...

I think I will come and read your blog more often, now that you and I are both so Internet-savvy and able to write words on the screen without help from some 8 year-old.

When will you be re-starting your amzing re-creations of my finest work? I was moved by your attempted tribute. Angelica and glacé cherries are due to make a comeback, you know, Delia mentioned that she was going to use some in her Christmas TV programme.

Keep up the good work. I will follow you on Twitter once I've reached Clan Master in World of Warcraft - one thing at a time at my age, don't you think?

NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

Lola I know what you mean about groups and all of that but this is different! This is pictures of Sting, looking like a twat! You should be proud and/or make an exception and 'get on board', as they say!

Marguerite, I am honoured. Our tribute will be continuing in the new year, c. January 3rd, and we will be focusing very heavily on things made with aspic an sculpted carrots. Congratulations on World of Warcraft - have you tried Evony? Apparently it's quite the thing at the moment. For me, I like Farmville. You can buy cows, chickens, trees etc and put them in virtual sheds. What's not to like?

NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

"and" sculpted carrots. Not "an" sculpted carrots. Obv.

Unknown said...

well, i'm hacked off! i put monkeymother into facebook, and lo and behold....nothing! i was aching to read her words of wisdom, but am bereft.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin