Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 465: I Begin Preparations For Halloween

My vision is simple: I want four pumpkins, each bearing the face of a member of Oasis, arranged on our 'porch' by nightfall on Wednesday. With any luck these, and the wholemeal jizz muffins (iced with scenes from the Old Testament) will act as an effective deterrent against "Trick or Treating", otherwise known as common local children in ill-fitting supermarket costumes threatening to torch your Subaru if you don't give them sweets.

The muffin recipe is etched on my memory, of course, but where to find a pumpkin carving pattern? Not here, sadly, and I could probably get patterns here, but don't want to spend the money (as it will cost over $80 (US) to get all four members sorted and I do not currently have an income).

And so, yet again, I turn to my loyal and adoring readers: does anyone know where I can get free pumpkin carving patterns, each for every member of Oasis*? If you can't get all of them, the following will suffice:

1. A pattern of Liam and/or Noel;
2. A photograph of someone else's Oasis Jack-O-Lantern(s) that I can copy.

Thanks in advance!!

Pip pip

NWM

* c. Wonderwall, i.e. pre-Appleton spanners.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/timages/page/pumpkin_sim.html

For all your virtual pumpkin needs

laurie said...

good luck with that, monkey.
we just plug in the plastic one. which, if you squint and you've had a lot of candy, looks a little like bruce springsteen.

NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

Jenyca - no good to me, my friend. I see no Gallagher tips. However, I am about to carve my own face in it, and for that I thank you.

Laurie - Springsteen is not in Oasis!!!

NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

J - seriously though. I love it. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Well, considering the various band members' personalities, this may be considered a reasonable facsimile.

Anonymous said...

You can convert a picture to something like an outline drawing using a number of paint programs. The following link is specific to Fireworks but you can do it with Photoshop, Paint Shop pro etc.

http://www.communitymx.com/content/article.cfm?cid=ff37e

I know you were looking for a simpler solution but I'm an engineer and we just don't do things the easy way.

Have fun.

Unknown said...

Is this a help?

http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech/joystuff/macolanternshowto.html

NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

Sweet Jesus. You people amaze me. Tim, yours is way too hard, particularly bearing in mind I only have tiny little monkey hands. Marla, yours looks easier (and is awfully good, I have to say), but I have realised that there is NO WAY I am going to get all four members done in time for Halloween, not this way. I am going to have to think again. Yes.

Anonymous said...

You could print photo's of them (black and white, cut out the sections of their eyes and mouths) stick them on the pumpkins (spray paint pumpkins in black) and put glowy bits of stuff in the sections where their eyes and mouths are missing.

.................

Stop judging me.

Anonymous said...

tim's on the right track. Take one (1) photo of desired Oasis member (snrk). Place into Illustrator (CS2 or above). Highlight, go to "object" menu, move arrow down to "Live Trace" and do the default b&w trace. Should give a reasonable result - if not, try greyscale or up the detail or something.

What? You thought you could do a vegetable tribute to the greatest Beatles knock-off band in the entire 1990's and NOT strain the wee paws a bit(were they the 90's Or am I trying to distance self...)? Alternate suggestion? Small half moon eyes (to simulate squinched up agony), no nose, large gaping hole for mouth, pumpkin innerds artistically draped out the hole. Not quite as off-putting as Oasis, but only 2 minutes work and its back to the absinthe.

WrathofDawn said...

Sorry pet. The most artistic I've gotten with a pumpkin was Bert & Ernie-o-lanterns when my kids were small.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin