Friday, February 09, 2007

Day 213: I Understand That It Is Nice On The Metro (And The Autobus)

These are strange times. I walked to work (where I remain essentially non-working) this morning swinging a bag full of tomatoes, singing "Save your love my darling, save your love" by Rene and Renata. (In my head, mind, not out loud with my mouth.) I got as far as "... moon and stars above", then gave up. (And no, don't send me the lyrics. I've already looked them up and bookmarked them with my tiny monkey hands.)

I could remember what they looked like in my head exactly. He was short with a tache, and she looked like a man, except she was a lady with blonde hair and weird eyes. But could I find a photographic representation of them on the internet? No I could not. I turned instead to YouTube, but never got as far as even searching for them, for I have been sent this from a chum in the Colonies, and it has distracted me beyond reason.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Why cant we have more adverts like this?? The world would be such a better place!

Day in bed said...

I'm guessing your friend is from Montreal as that was the Montreal metro I take every bleeding day. Superb ad though. Shame they don't advertise the STM anymore. It certainly puts a jolly edge on the narky bus driver driving off just as you're huffing and puffing and barely 3 metres away from the door.

Anonymous said...

Il etait vraiment beau dans le metro (dans les années soixantes!!)

Anonymous said...

I had to watch the whole thing as couldn't figure out if it was an ad for hair products or a train...Way too perky an ad to watch at 7am!

Anonymous said...

DIB, I'm sure the bus driver isn't being intentionally mean. It's just that all his attention is focused on intensive moustache-growing.

Day in bed said...

Johnnyboy: I watched it a second time for the bus driver. Impressive. Can't imagine kissing him.

Non-working monkey: French Canadians, calisse.

Anonymous said...

Ah oui, mais sur il fait beau dans l'Metro. Comment d'autre?

Je suis vraiment jalous qu'il n'ya pas un Metro ici.

Je vais sulker.

Day in bed said...

Hannah's pet hamster: Tu pourrais toujours catcher un bus.

Day in bed said...

Non-working monkey: I hope you don't mind but I included a link to your blog in my latest post.

Anonymous said...

Distracting - disturbing more like!!! Nuala

bluefluff said...

You might like this. Then again, you might not!
(Open University lurker)

NON-WORKINGMONKEY said...

DIB: please do link away. I am always delighted.

I like Canadians enormously, particularly French Canadian ones. They are my favourite kind. Getting them to say 'roundabout' isn't funny and I am very glad of it.

Bluefluff. Lilke it? I LOVE IT. Thank you.

YOU MAY ALSO LIKE

Blog Widget by LinkWithin